Join Dafanews today and get to enjoy our Free to Play Games.
  • Coming Soon!

  • Join Dafanews

    Welcome, !

    You have successfully created your account. You can now enjoy our FREE TO PLAY GAMES

  • Coming Soon!

  • Play Now Play Now

    Welcome, !

    You have successfully created your account. You can now enjoy our FREE TO PLAY GAMES or access our wide range of DAFABET products

  • Coming Soon!

  • Can't Login?

    Coming Soon!

    Dafanews India

    Stay in Loop!

    Join our Telegram community for the latest sports news, highlights, live scores, and more.


    Written by DafaNews

    Getting Sports Ministry involved in your case won’t help you, DGC chief tells Rashid Khan

    June 11, 2020

     

    The president of Delhi Golf Club, RS Bedi, has wished top golfer Rashid Khan all the best in reporting the club to the Sports Ministry because he was not granted access to train on the course.

    In an interview, Khan said his last resort would be to write Kiren Rijiju, the sports minister, over the situation, as the club refused to accept the necessary fees from him to have access to the facility and train to prepare for the Tokyo Olympics.

    According to the president, the number one Indian golfer is yet to individually approached the club with a formal demand to allow him to train there. He also said the decision to enable any golfer to train on the course lies with the board, adding that telling the Sports Ministry would not be of much help.

    Speaking with IANS, Bedi noted that the club is a Section 8 Company whose decision lies with its board resolutions. So, he wonders how someone can change board resolutions and wished Khan all the best if he decides to go down that route.

    Recall that Khan and nine other caddie—turned golfers were suspended by the club after spending over three hours at the Tughlaq Road police station in Lutyens last year over an argument that ensued between the golfers and the management over the use of the club’s driving range.

    Bedi, who described Khan as the leader of the gang, said for the club to rescind its decision, he has to approach them individually.

    In other words, he had been told to speak for himself for the club to decide on the merits of the argument.

    He further said if Khan approaches the club individually as instructed, the general committee that ordered his suspension from the course will decide also. He said this would allow each party to put the matter on the table, and it will be discussed in a board meeting.

     

     

    Written by: Oladipupo Mojeed

    About the Author


    Written by DafaNews

    DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India’s prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

    ×
    Embed Code